Rattle noise from inside the engine

General truck repair questions and answers.
Sam
Starting Issues

Post by Sam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:59 pm

I have a 1989 Chevy S10 Pick up truck with the 2.5L Iron duke engine. It has 1 fuel injector that sets on top of the throttle body. This past winter I had a problem with getting the truck started and the problem continued when winter was over. it was starting as long as i sprayed starting fluid into the throttle body but i had to do it all the time now that don't even work. I have replaced all kinds of parts on this truck. It has a new o2 sensor, coolant temperature sensor, Air Charge Temperature Sensor, Throttle position sensor, Air temperature sensor, Idle air control valve, EGR Valve, EGR vacuum solenoid, Manifold absolute pressure sensor, Fuel pump and sending unit, Fuel injector, Fuel pressure regulator, Engine control computer, Starter, Distributor, ignition coil, spark plugs and wires, and a new battery.
Right now it will start if I spray starting fluid into the throttle body but the fuel injector is not functioning. That is when I replaced the fuel pump and sending unit, it didn’t work so I replaced the fuel injector, it didn’t work so I replaced the fuel pressure regulator, it didn’t work, so I replaced the engine control computer, it didn’t work. Any suggestions! It does have fuel pressure.

Sam

Re: Starting Issues

Post by Sam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Also I tested the wires with a multimeter and the seem fine.

Cristal

setting valves on a 92 chevy pick up

Post by Cristal » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:12 pm

How do you set valves on a 92 chevy pick up

butch

Re: setting valves on a 92 chevy pick up

Post by butch » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:48 pm

This is along process. You need to get the engine on top dead center #1 them adjust eh valves in the proper order, then turn the engine to a point, and adjust other valves. I do not remember exactly, but if you search the internet for "Chevy valve lash adjust", you should find the entire procedure.

James00

Rattle noise from inside the engine

Post by James00 » Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 am

I own a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 slt and i hear a rattle noise coming from the interior of my engine. i took off the front belt to see if the noise was coming from something outside the engine but the noise continued to rattle so thats telling me something on the inside of my engine is rattling. Is it the timing chain being worn? The truck as 160,000 miles on it.

Terry

Re: Rattle noise from inside the engine

Post by Terry » Fri May 08, 2015 8:54 pm

With 160k miles, that could be anything rattling in your engine. Check to see if the oil pressure is OK. Low pressure will cause things to rattle.

Your engine could have worn out cam bearings, rod bearings, main bearings, worn lifters, worn rocker arms, etc.

You are going to need to take the engine apart to look for the worn parts.

Wayne

Rear end locks up

Post by Wayne » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:48 pm

I have a 99 GMC Sierra Z71. After it sits, and I get in and start it and shift into drive, the rear seems as though it is locked up. I think, the wheels spin but the truck will not move. If I shift into reverse and move a few inches, I can then shift into drive and it seems to be fine. I should say, there has been some problem with the ABS for quite awhile. Any ideas?

Terry

Re: Rear end locks up

Post by Terry » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:34 pm

Well, if the wheels spin, then the truck would move, so the wheels are not spinning.
The is definitely not an ABS brake problem.
This is either a transmission problem or a rear end problem. Most likely a transmission problem. You need to have the computer scanned for codes and have a mechanic drive to experience the exact condition.