Canister purge valve solenoid location

General truck repair questions and answers.
mojo-1217
Canister purge valve solenoid location

Post by mojo-1217 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello, I have a 1996 Nissan Pickup XE RWD 2.4L and the engine light code P1447 reads EVAP control system purge flow monitoring -- and the auto parts store guy showed me a $122 part called a "Canister Purge Valve Solenoid" but couldn't show me where it is and no one I asked thus far can tell me either and I'm not sure if this expensive part will even fix it as I have been told there are many parts involved in the emission system. Please tell me where this part can be found on my truck? Thank you very much sir!!! :)

butch

Re: Canister purge valve solenoid location

Post by butch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:27 pm

The canister purge solenoid on your Nissan truck is located under the hood. Please see the picture below for it's location.
Attachments
Nissan-Truck-Canister-Purge-Solenoid-Location.jpg
Purge solenoid location.
Nissan-Truck-Canister-Purge-Solenoid-Location.jpg (80.25KiB)Viewed 7479 times

Bud blackmer

How Repair a truck thats crabwalking or dog tracking

Post by Bud blackmer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:15 pm

How to repair a truck that is dogtracking or crabbing?

John

Re: How Repair a truck thats crabwalking or dog tracking

Post by John » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:30 pm

Most of the time a truck that is tracking the way you describe, the cause is a bent or broken frame. You should take it to a mechanic or bodyshop so they can pout it up on a lift and inspect the underbody. A body shop may actually be better since a bend or broken frame will need to be repaired by them, not a general mechanic.

Tracy

1998 Subaru Outback won't fire

Post by Tracy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:01 pm

I have a '98 Outback Legacy. The motor has been replaced. The motor that is in it niw is a '96,1.8ltr. I was driving to work and the car just quit. Now there is no spark. Changed the coil, crank sensor, and the cam sensor. Still no spark, any ideas????

Terry

Re: 1998 Subaru Outback won't fire

Post by Terry » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:43 pm

First, check all the fuses. If those are ok, you may have a bad computer or ignition module.

Rocky

Re: How Repair a truck thats crabwalking or dog track

Post by Rocky » Fri May 29, 2015 10:05 am

I had the problem on a 97 pathfinder... Turned out to be trailing control arms.