Pontiac G6 problem reduced engine power, shuts off.

Questions specific to a check engine light.
Sarah
Pontiac G6 problem reduced engine power, shuts off.

Post by Sarah » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Problem codes are P0601 PCM Memory Error, P0606 PCM Internal Processor Fault, U0107 Loss Comm with Throttle Actuator, U0121 No CAN Bus COM with ABS/TC/ESP/CC which shows up 2x. Car does this going down road or parked. Radio flashes engine power reduced, then engine disabled. When trying to restart, starter will not engage and just acts like battery is dead. Does this 4x in one day, or maybe one time a week. Never consistent. Please advise! Thanks in advance. Car is a 2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L.

butch

Re: Pontiac G6 problem reduced engine power, shuts off.

Post by butch » Tue May 27, 2014 10:58 pm

The codes P0601 and P0606 PCM codes are usually a straight forward diagnosis- the computer is bad.
The U0107 Loss Communication with Throttle Actuator can be caused by a PCM problem or the throttle body- this code will cause the reduced engine power message and no response from the gas pedal.
The U0121 CAN Bus circuit problem can also be caused by a bad computer.

But, many of these things can also have a common problem of a corroded main electrical connector. Open the drivers door on your Pontiac G6. On the side of the dash is a panel that can be removed. Remove it and disconnect the electrical connector in there. If you see the terminals corroded or green, then you have a water leak problem causing your problems. If your Pontiac has a sunroof, that is most likely the cause. Clean up those terminals and see if that fixed most or all of the codes.

holly

Post by holly » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 pm

I have the same exact problem. Did it end up being the computer or bad wires?

pheils56

Post by pheils56 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:59 pm

BUTCH YOU’RE THE SMARTEst man on earth lol I almost replaced pcm I have been researching for day’s and this it the first mention I seen of it.