No Heat from Drivers Side dash- Chevy Monte Carlo

General car repair questions and answers.
roadrage1062
2000 oldsmobile intrigue coil connector

Post by roadrage1062 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:04 pm

i changed the plugs on my car. the ignition coil connectors came out of the plug. i dont now the color code for it. Can you please help me

karlk

Re: 2000 oldsmobile intrigue coil connector

Post by karlk » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm

Sorry, i dont know of anyone who has a wiring diagram for your Oldsmobile right now. if someone does, they will post it here. Please post the engine size. Is it the 3.8L 3800 or the 3.5L V6?

dingbat

1995 chevy 1500 engine change

Post by dingbat » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:16 am

Can i change to a 305 from a v6 and what changes would i have to make?

butch

Re: 1995 chevy 1500 engine change

Post by butch » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:11 pm

That would be a huge undertaking. Just for starters these things are different...
Engine mounts.
Exhaust.
Wiring harnesses.
A/C
Power steering.
All sensors.
Computer.
Ignition.

fawna150

No Heat from Drivers Side dash- Chevy Monte Carlo

Post by fawna150 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:59 am

I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS that the heating unit is not working (I think). Blows cold air no hot air. Checked fuses under dash and all good, Is there any other fuses or is there something else I should be looking at.

Fawna150

2004 Monte Carlo HVAC System Fuse

Post by Fawna150 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 am

Can You tell me where the HVAC System Fuse is located??

karlk

Re: No Heat from Drivers Side dash- Chevy Monte Carlo

Post by karlk » Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:51 pm

fawna150 wrote:I have a 2004 Monte Carlo SS that the heating unit is not working (I think). Blows cold air no hot air. Checked fuses under dash and all good, Is there any other fuses or is there something else I should be looking at.
If there is no heat from both the passenger side and drivers side dash vents, then the first thing t5o do it check the coolant level. If it is low, that will cause air pockets and no heat. you would then need to find the leak, fix it and then bleed the air from the system.

If there is heat from one side and not the other, then most likely you have a bad temperature door actuator. There is one for each side of the dash on your Chevy Monte Carlo. See this link for more information on no heat temperature door actuator.

allison

1998 buick skylark banging noise passenger side

Post by allison » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:18 pm

My car is making a loud banging noise on the passenger side it almost sounds like a flat tire or blow out but I checked and the tire is good and the brake light just came on itd a front wheel drive.

karlk

Re: 1998 buick skylark banging noise passenger side

Post by karlk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:35 pm

If the noise you have in your Buick is related to wheel speed- ie.- once every revoltution, and the red brake light is on, then you need to get the brakes check asap. You may have a broken bolt on the caliper causing it to bang around. Your car could also have a brake pad that is worn of even broken.

There could also be something caught behind the wheel that is wrapped around the axle causing your noise.

Daniel

2001 Buick Regal 3800 V6 (series 2) engine trouble?

Post by Daniel » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:11 am

Over the past 2 months the car has occasionally turned off whilst driving. It seems to be when the RPM's are low but it has happened in many different situations, I usually just pull over and give it a minute then turn it on and it works. Then today the check engine light started to flash and the car started to gradually lose power over about 10 seconds and then the car turned off, it would not turn back on and I got a tow.
Any advice on what the problem could be would be much appreciated, don't have the money to put it in a garage so I want to start looking for the problem myself. don't know where to start. Thanks for any help